Summer Kit Club PreOrders Are Now Closed
Next Kit Club Will Open in July
Join Our Mailing List to Learn More
Envision the History of Crochet through Fiction and Design…
Ficstitches Yarns Kit Club is a quarterly kit club specially designed for crocheters that combines your two favorite hobbies, Crocheting and Reading! So much more than a yarn club, each element of these kits is a mysterious delight…
Journey with the Ficstitches Yarns Crochet Kit Club on an adventure back to the days of old.
Each kit offers a brand new fictional story and crochet pattern along with hand-dyed yarn and a handmade accessory, all bound together in a theme of romance, history, and a touch of the supernatural.
Join the Adventure . . .
What Can You Expect In a Ficstitches Yarns Kit ?
Each Quarterly Crochet Kit ($65.00+Shipping) Will Include:
- Accessory Pattern from crochet designer Laurinda Reddig of ReCrochetions. Patterns are generally advanced beginner in difficulty with clearly written and tech edited instructions, including stitch diagrams and/or tutorials as needed for more advanced techniques (available for left or right handers).
- Original Fictional Story from author C. Jane Reid – One Part of a new 2-part Novel, tying the kit together.
- Handmade Gift and/or Tool to use with the kit project.
- Hand-Dyed Yarn from various indie dyers, exploring different yarn weights and luxury fibers with one or two skeins in each kit.
- Muslin Project Bag, hand-stamped and filled with all these kit goodies.
- An Invitation to join the Ficstitches Yarns Secret Society, an exclusive online group for Kit Club Book Discussions, Crochet-Alongs and more.
The 2018 Schedule:
- For the convenience of our regular customers, we are now offering A Quarterly Subscription Option (for U.S. customers only). You will only be charged each Quarter for the coming Kit and can cancel at any time on PayPal before the next PreOrder month.
- We still have the option to Preorder each individual kit as well.
- Each Kit will be available for limited Preorder for One Month Only, in the months of January, April, July, and October. Members with subscriptions will be charged for their kits during these months on the same day as original purchase.
- We will use the following month to allow for yarn-dyeing and preparing all the kit club goodies.
Kits will be Shipped in March, June, September, and December.
- Once kits have arrived, look forward to sharing your projects on our Secret Society Facebook group.
Our Summer 2018 Kit Club Will Include:
The Second Half of Unraveling: The Spellbound House by author C. Jane Reid. This is far more difficult than I had anticipated. The House is haunted, Mr. Dale has romantic intentions, and I’ve alienated the one person who has done nothing but try to help. I know there is more to this than ghosts and strange dreams and reappearing reticules. But how to learn the truth? What other surprises await me inside Seadale House? And am I prepared to face them? ~ Miss Isabelle Pierson, Seadale House, San Francisco.
As the mystery of Seadale House unfolds, Isabelle becomes more and more dependent upon her skills at crochet to prepare her for what is to come. Capturing Isabelle’s most important creation was forefront in Laurinda Reddig’s design, pairing magnificent yarn with just a touch of stitch magic.
This kit features a gorgeous Gradient Yarn from Fierce Fibers. A delicious blend of Superwash Merino, Cashmere, and just a hint of Stellina for sparkle, this 400 yard “cake” of fingering weight yarn is hand-dyed in Hillsboro, Oregon. You can choose between Scorch (warm – scarlet to black) or Staycation (cool – purple to brown).
We are having Special Items designed especially for this kit to complement the theme of the story that will be both practical and mystical. As always, you will find references to the design and gifts seamlessly tied in with the story.
Still not sure if Ficstitches Yarns Kit Club is for you?
Check out exactly what was included in our first 3 years of Kit Clubs:
You can find the Stories from all three 2015 kits now in the novel, The Secret Stitch.
The second book in the Unraveling Series is also available as The Sojourn Stitch.
The Patterns from the first 3 kits, plus 6 more accessory designs inspired by the novel can also be found in The Secret Stitch A Crochet Companion.
Rave Reviews from Our Customers:
“What’s not to love? I get so excited when I get my kit, like a little kid getting a present. Lol. The stories are well written and as an avid reader I can’t put it down until I either fall asleep or finish the book. The patterns are well written and wonderful items to make some you want to make it over and over again. The yarn is wonderful and the surprise extra is always great.” — Christine S.
“I have gotten every kit! The yarn is always amazing, I have learned new stitch techniques, and the stories are great. It feels like my birthday when they arrive!” — Kandle Y.
“I must share with you and the others that I’ve bought many kits before but this is BY FAR the best, most comprehensive of them all!!!” — Roberta Abrams
“My kit just arrived! WOW, how cool is this kit…I love the idea of a story behind the piece we will be making together. I read through the directions, and really like the graph that is included to help with understanding the pattern. Thank you ladies for creating this unique wonderful kit. I am excited to start the shawl, and see others around the world crochet along together!” — Brenda Cimakasky
“Received my first kit and finished the first excerpt of the book… Can’t wait to read the next part of the story. I love the history and tradition of old patterns and stitch techniques. Thank you to the ficstitches yarn team for putting this club together and I will be here eagerly awaiting my next kit! Thanks again!” — Barbara Worner
Sign Up for Our Mailing List to find out when Next Kit Is Available!
Subscribe to our mailing list