PreOrders Are Now Closed
Spring Kit PreOrders Open January 1st
Don’t Miss another Kit, join our mailing list!
Envision the History of Crochet through Fiction and Design…
Ficstitches Yarns Kit Club is a quarterly kit club specially designed for crocheters that combines your two favorite hobbies, Crocheting and Reading! So much more than a yarn club, each element of these kits is a mysterious delight…
Journey with the Ficstitches Yarns Crochet Kit Club on an adventure back to the days of old.
Each kit offers a brand new fictional story and crochet pattern along with hand-dyed yarn and a handmade accessory, all bound together in a theme of romance, history, and crochet.
Join the Adventure . . .
What Can You Expect In a Ficstitches Yarns Kit ?
Each Quarterly Crochet Kit ($65.00+Shipping) Will Include:
Accessory Pattern from crochet designer Laurinda Reddig of ReCrochetions. Patterns are generally advanced beginner in difficulty with clearly written and tech edited instructions, including stitch diagrams and/or tutorials as needed for more advanced techniques (available for left or right handers).
- Original Fictional Story from author C. Jane Reid – Part Two of a new 2-part Novel, tying the kit together (add Part 1 to your kit if you missed the Fall Kit).
- Handmade Gift and/or Tool to use with the kit project.
- Hand-Dyed Yarn from various indie dyers, exploring different yarn weights and luxury fibers with one or two skeins in each kit.
- Muslin Project Bag, hand-stamped and filled with all these kit goodies.
- An Invitation to join the Ficstitches Yarns Secret Society, an exclusive online group for Kit Club Book Discussions, Crochet-Alongs and more.
The 2018 Schedule:
- For the convenience of our regular customers, we are now offering A Quarterly Subscription Option (for U.S. customers only). You will only be charged each Quarter for the coming Kit and can cancel at any time on PayPal before the next PreOrder month.
- We still have the option to Preorder each individual kit as well.
- Each Kit will be available for limited Preorder for One Month Only, in the months of January, April, July, and October. Members with subscriptions will be charged for their kits during these months on the same day as original purchase.
- We will use the following month to allow for yarn-dyeing and preparing all the kit club goodies.
Kits will be Shipped in March, June, September, and December.
- Once kits have arrived, look forward to sharing your projects on our Secret Society Facebook group.
Our Winter 2018 Kit Club Will Include:
The Second Half of Unraveling: Wolves of the Argonne by
author C. Jane Reid. The Meuse-Argonne Offensive has begun, but it isn’t the battle that Josie Pierson fears. It’s the possibility of a traitor among those serving at the field hospital. As much as she wants Patrick Sinclaire’s help in finding the traitor, he has problems of his own. The war is far from kind, and it will push between the two of them without mercy. Will they find their way back to one another? Or will the war claim two more casualties?
The dangers of the battlefield are never far, especially when driving to and from the trenches. Patrick often takes risks that can lead to injury and would be foolhardy indeed to refuse a thoughtful gift made by Josie herself. Laurinda Reddig interprets this useful but lovely gift in her design.
This kit will feature Two Skeins of decadent yarn from Fidalgo in Anacortes WA. Winter Silk is a soft DK weight yarn, 70% Baby Alpaca and 30% Tussah Silk. The drape and sheen of this hand-dyed yarn is a delight to work with. You can choose between two colorways: Hemlock Grove (green) or Loam (earthy brown).
Family is always forefront in the minds of those on the field of battle, and that goes for the nurses and orderlies too. They find creative ways to keep their family close, whether it is a special letter from home, a good luck trinket, or an old photograph. Keep your loved ones close with a special item to tuck into your first aid kit.
Still not sure if Ficstitches Yarns Kit Club is for you?
Check out exactly what was included in our first 3 years of Kit Clubs:
You can find the Stories from all three 2015 kits now in the novel, The Secret Stitch.
The second book in the Unraveling Series is also available as The Sojourners.
The Patterns from the first 3 kits, plus 6 more accessory designs inspired by the novel can also be found in The Secret Stitch A Crochet Companion.
Rave Reviews from Our Customers:
Each time I receive a kit I think it cannot possibly be better than the last one. But this time you have moved the bar so very high! WOW OH WOW OH WOW!!!!!!!!! 💖 — Libby N.
“What’s not to love? I get so excited when I get my kit, like a little kid getting a present. Lol. The stories are well written and as an avid reader I can’t put it down until I either fall asleep or finish the book. The patterns are well written and wonderful items to make some you want to make it over and over again. The yarn is wonderful and the surprise extra is always great.” — Christine S.
“I have gotten every kit! The yarn is always amazing, I have learned new stitch techniques, and the stories are great. It feels like my birthday when they arrive!” — Kandle Y.
“I must share with you and the others that I’ve bought many kits before but this is BY FAR the best, most comprehensive of them all!!!” — Roberta Abrams
“My kit just arrived! WOW, how cool is this kit…I love the idea of a story behind the piece we will be making together. I read through the directions, and really like the graph that is included to help with understanding the pattern. Thank you ladies for creating this unique wonderful kit. I am excited to start the shawl, and see others around the world crochet along together!” — Brenda C.
“Received my first kit and finished the first excerpt of the book… Can’t wait to read the next part of the story. I love the history and tradition of old patterns and stitch techniques. Thank you to the ficstitches yarn team for putting this club together and I will be here eagerly awaiting my next kit! Thanks again!” — Barbara W.
Sign Up for Our Mailing List to find out when Next Kit Is Available!
Subscribe to our mailing list