Spring Kit Club PreOrders Are Now Closed
Sign up for our mailing list to learn more!
Envision the History of Crochet through Fiction and Design…
Ficstitches Yarns Kit Club is a quarterly kit club specially designed for crocheters that combines your two favorite hobbies, Crocheting and Reading! So much more than a yarn club, each element of these kits is a mysterious delight…
Journey with the Ficstitches Yarns Crochet Kit Club on an adventure back to the days of old.
Each kit offers a brand new fictional story and crochet pattern along with hand-dyed yarn and a handmade accessory, all bound together in a theme of romance, history, and a touch of the supernatural.
Join the Adventure . . .
What Can You Expect In a Ficstitches Yarns Kit ?
Each Quarterly Crochet Kit ($65.00+Shipping) Will Include:
Accessory Pattern from crochet designer Laurinda Reddig of ReCrochetions. Patterns are generally advanced beginner in difficulty with clearly written and tech edited instructions, including stitch diagrams and/or tutorials as needed for more advanced techniques (available for left or right handers).
- Original Fictional Story from author C. Jane Reid – Part One of a new 2-part Novel, tying the kit together.
- Handmade Gift and/or Tool to use with the kit project.
- Hand-Dyed Yarn from various indie dyers, exploring different yarn weights and luxury fibers with one or two skeins in each kit.
- Muslin Project Bag, hand-stamped and filled with all these kit goodies.
- An Invitation to join the Ficstitches Yarns Secret Society, an exclusive online group for Kit Club Book Discussions, Crochet-Alongs and more.
The 2018 Schedule:
- For the convenience of our regular customers, we are now offering A Quarterly Subscription Option (for U.S. customers only). You will only be charged each Quarter for the coming Kit and can cancel at any time on PayPal before the next PreOrder month.
- We still have the option to Preorder each individual kit as well.
- Each Kit will be available for limited Preorder for One Month Only, in the months of January, April, July, and October. Members with subscriptions will be charged for their kits during these months on the same day as original purchase.
- We will use the following month to allow for yarn-dyeing and preparing all the kit club goodies.
Kits will be Shipped in March, June, September, and December.
- Once kits have arrived, look forward to sharing your projects on our Secret Society Facebook group.
Our Spring 2018 Kit Club Will Include:
The First Half of Unraveling: The Spellbound House by author C. Jane Reid. Everything had gone just as I’d planned. Unbeknownst to my family, I caught the train from West Texas to California and found a room at Mrs. Brown’s Boarding House for Traveling Ladies. Now, at long last, I have accepted a position as a Lady’s Companion for a well-bred elderly lady in a lavishly elegant home the likes of which I’ve never seen. What more could a forward-thinking young woman in 1902 want? It certainly wasn’t attending séances and using spirit boards. Or sharing that lovely house with a ghost, of which I staunchly do not believe. But I am a forward-thinking young woman and my plans always go just as I expect. Surely, none of this will prove any difficulty. No difficulty at all. ~ Miss Isabelle Pierson, Seadale House, San Francisco.
The kind elderly lady that Isabelle now assists crochets like nothing Isabelle has seen, and her family comes from a long line of crocheters. Designer Laurinda Reddig has cleverly recreated the Crochet Design for one of Miss Mable Dale’s signature pieces, one that Isabelle soon grows uncomfortably attached to.
This kit features our first Non-Wool Yarn: Dye-painted 100% Tencel Yarn from Teresa Ruch Designs in a DK/Sport Weight. Each 312 yard/4 oz. skein is American made and hand-dyed in the Oregon. Choose between Marina (cool) or Goldenrod (warm). Note, the sheen of the Tencel Yarn makes it difficult to capture the true colors but they are gorgeous.
And we’ll include a Special Item to help you complete the design making it both elegant and useful. As always, you will find references to the design and gifts seamlessly tied in with the story.
Still not sure if Ficstitches Yarns Kit Club is for you?
Check out exactly what was included in our first 3 years of Kit Clubs:
You can find the Stories from all three 2015 kits now in the novel, The Secret Stitch.
The second book in the Unraveling Series is also available as The Sojourn Stitch.
The Patterns from the first 3 kits, plus 6 more accessory designs inspired by the novel can also be found in The Secret Stitch A Crochet Companion.
Read the Rave Reviews from Our Customers:
“What’s not to love? I get so excited when I get my kit, like a little kid getting a present. Lol. The stories are well written and as an avid reader I can’t put it down until I either fall asleep or finish the book. The patterns are well written and wonderful items to make some you want to make it over and over again. The yarn is wonderful and the surprise extra is always great.” — Christine S.
“I have gotten every kit! The yarn is always amazing, I have learned new stitch techniques, and the stories are great. It feels like my birthday when they arrive!” — Kandle Y.
“I must share with you and the others that I’ve bought many kits before but this is BY FAR the best, most comprehensive of them all!!!” — Roberta Abrams
“My kit just arrived! WOW, how cool is this kit…I love the idea of a story behind the piece we will be making together. I read through the directions, and really like the graph that is included to help with understanding the pattern. Thank you ladies for creating this unique wonderful kit. I am excited to start the shawl, and see others around the world crochet along together!” — Brenda Cimakasky
“Received my first kit and finished the first excerpt of the book… Can’t wait to read the next part of the story. I love the history and tradition of old patterns and stitch techniques. Thank you to the ficstitches yarn team for putting this club together and I will be here eagerly awaiting my next kit! Thanks again!” — Barbara Worner
Sign Up for Our Mailing List to find out when Next Kit Is Available!
Subscribe to our mailing list